Visitando http://www.idi.ntnu.no/grupper/su/publ/html/totland/ch05.htm está el capítulo dedicado a SSM
Relevant systems are named in terms of root definitions. A root definition is a sentence expressed in natural language, consisting of elements in accordance with the mnemonic CATWOE:
- Customers -- who are the victims or beneficiaries of T,
- Actors -- those who would perform T,
- Transformation process -- the conversion of input to output,
- Weltanschauung -- the worldview which makes T meaningful in a context,
- Owners -- those who have the power to stop T, and
Environment constraints -- elements outside the system which it takes as given.